Thursday, July 23, 2015

Life Begins at 90:  Blog #33    Hamburger and a Beer…..

It all started with a Hamburger.  When we had dinner in Winslow Tavern yesterday my son Willy ordered a hamburger. Today, after swimming with the girls and Wendy and Willy helping me go up and down, 
I changed and suddenly felt a colossal yen to get a hamburger of my own.  While my family went to have ice cream in town I walked and remembered the Lighthouse Restaurant right on Main Street in town.
Nobody was inside…  I peeked – asked the nice waitress if she could persuade the cook to make me a double hamburger without anything artificial added to the purest beef.   Sat down, asked for Heineken light beer and waited.  It came as promised- and really, it tasted divine after all these years. 

My son Willy came over to share the beer with me and suddenly the waitress brought 1 more beer that a gentleman sitting with his son sent to me. What a kind thing to do.
Wendy and the girls came over and took a nice photo with the kind man – Jonathan McPartland - and started a conversation   - a most pleasant encounter.


Then walked with Willy to the car and a gentleman passed in the most unusual hat with red flower and cane -  very different from any such cane I ever saw.  Wendy came over, took our photo together and Mr. Sander Stern promised to send me the same cane when he returns home.

 
for some reason this came upside down and I cannot turn it around... so stand on your head!


Similar things happen to me almost every day, but this time my family witnessed it – which made it so much more believable.
Finally drove to pick up Ariel and Mia sitting on a bench and wondering what happened to all of us.

Tomorrow Will’s family leaves for Martha’s Vineyard and then home to San Francisco, and I will be left with delightful memories of their visit.

Maybe Wendy and Willy will add their story… I wonder how it all looked to them…. 


 

Rabbi Alicia Magal www.jcsvv.org

928 204-1286
blog:
http://www.redrockrabbi.blogspot.com


"A Jewel of a Shul"


Mission Statement:
The Jewish Community of Sedona and the Verde Valley is a welcoming, egalitarian, inclusive congregation dedicated to building a link from the past to the future by providing religious, educational, social and cultural experiences. We choose to remain unaffiliated in order to respect and serve the rich diversity of our members and visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment