Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blog #32 Everyday - ADVENTURES!!

Blog 32: ADVENTURES, YES,  EVERY DAY – ADVENTURES!

Daughter Alicia writes:  Each day without fail I get an email from my mother Nika about her adventures… She adores spending 4 months at her cottage on Cape Cod in the village of Wellfleet.  Amazing how many people she meets - maybe walking around the marina, perhaps swimming at one of the ponds, sometimes at the Senior Center.  This week in mid-July my brother Will Fleissig, his wife Wendy and their daughters Ariel and Mia are staying nearby in Wellfleet. What joy for my mother to see them each day, hear their stories, watch the girls dance and sing, and just feel like close family.  It is hard for us all being so spread out from coast to coast.
Unfortunately because my husband Itzhak was in the hospital earlier this month, we had to cancel our trip.  I was able to lead the baby naming ceremony of our daughter Tali and son-in-law Craig’s twin baby girls Gabriella and Amalia by Skype, but missed seeing our son Amir who flew in for the family gathering as well.  Itzhak is healing quite well at home, getting a lot of good care, has lost weight, and will continue to follow a well-defined nutrition program for diabetes.  

Here are a few excerpts from emails I received this past week alone! Pretty much unedited, so you get the flavor:


Subject: Fun Time
Hi   Such a nice  time -  being together  with 4 of  my Darlings-performing, singing  just having fun-  how long it does not matter.
Hope you had a good workout and please do something every day-  even  for 15 minutes.  
Much love  calusy  (kisses in Polish, pronounced tzawusi) Mamusia 



Marina,  Wellfleet, Massachusetts







 Uncle Tim’s Bridge, Wellfleet

Good morning  Monday July  20. Wellfleet Cape Cod
Tried  to swim together  with my children  but our timing was wrong.  So they went wave catching in the ocean  and I went to Great Pond all alone . 
I knew  someone will help me,  and so it happened I met a  nice  lady who
recognize me  - She had read the book and listened to our  talk.   She   got me down to the lake safely.
              
In the water met Joan and Ed Weaving
Had a  beautiful swim and walk in the water to exercise  and then Ed offered to get me back to my car. 
I found our book-  dedicated it to Weavings and hope
they will visit me  soon in my studio.
Perfect morning  - Hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing  and we see each other later to “Show and tell”.
Bless you and thank you for making “life begins at 90” real fun. 
Smiling  Baci  Nika






Nika at marina, Wellfleet next to plaque in memory of Alfred Fleissig
Plaque reads:
Alfred Fleissig 1906-1984
His love of Wellfleet and this harbor
has been passed down to the fourth generation.


Beautiful day.  just perfect-   Children catching waves   I went for my usual walk around the marina. Wearing cheerful pants I had bought with you in Oregon. A lady came to me and said “Hi Nika, my husband read your book,  is sitting in the car  (fell off the ladder has a broken hand and fingers) and told me to talk to you. .
I remember falling off a ladder picking up a yellow shawl from the attic for a gallery opening many years ago. Fred was holding the ladder to help. Ended in the hospital with a broken wrist which was never properly put together  by a butcher-doctor.  We all do dumb things and have to pay for them dearly.
This lady  used to have  catering business in Connecticut and told me her daughter delivers a chocolate  bomb  desert to Wicked Oyster.  We should try it tonight.
I showed her Fredziu’s  plaque  and we  really  connected.
Now waiting for the children to see what the day will bring. 


Afternoon after 5:30  dinner  at Wicked Oyster--- elegant  gallery opening  across from Glenn….  then maybe  dancing at the pier if not too windy.  Wow-Love  Wellfleet!!!!!!!!  Calusy  Mamusia





Nika’s son Will, his wife Wendy, their daughters Ariel, Mia, and Matriarch Nika



I miss you -  talked about you at the opening of the new gallery  across from Glen.  Bettina and her husband.   They promised to visit me.   Saturday  new play opening.  Joanna will pick me up.  Life is interesting  if you do not close your doors!  
Much love  M


Alicia adds:  Please reread that last sentence.  Worth embroidering or making into a banner! 
“LIFE IS INTERESTING IF YOU DO NOT CLOSE YOUR DOORS!!”
-         Nika Kohn Fleissig




- Nika Fleissig

Please Read My Blog Here:
http://www.lifebeginsat90.blogspot.com/

Order our book, From Miracle To Miracle: A Story of Survival (via PayPal):
http://www.FromMiracleToMiracle.com

Please view my art here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikafleissig/


No comments:

Post a Comment