Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Feet in Comfy Shoes

When I put on these comfortable sandals I could kiss them.  Happy feet are in comfortable shoes!!! No one is looking at anyone’s feet if they have a bright color on top and are smiling. 

Forget about those torture chambers called high heels or narrow shoes....

I call this: Wisdom of happy feet!

Going into my nineties I discovered to my horror that something I had been so happy about, having a high instep, is now my downfall.  So you get a hammer toe, all bunched up. So naturally I admired anyone with painted, perfect toes.  

Last year, when I was traveling to Poland on Lot, the Polish Airline, in First Class there was a young woman with a baby and husband.  She gave me a catalogue of the line of shoes she designs... looked very sexy and pretty with great colors and cute on narrow feet, but not comfortable or possible for me.  I would have loved to get into shoes like those.  Now instead of pretty shoes, I search for sexy, fun socks and put my feet into the socks and happily wear comfortable sandals.  
 Nika's feet in cute flowered socks and very comfy sandals
WARNING:  ONLY CONTINUE READING THIS IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.  SERIOUS PEOPLE BEWARE!!!!
We have to cope and not lose our sense of humor, but rather only try to make people feel good and make them laugh.  And also laugh at yourself!

Do everything possible so that the upper part of your body is so colorful that no one will even glance at your feet.  You cannot change things that are inevitable but you can expand on your experience of your whole life to try to rearrange your life so that you will truly be happy... If you are miserable you will make everyone miserable.  If you are happy the children, grandchildren and friends will flock to see you no matter where you live.
The worst problem to me is to find help to do things that I have been doing by myself all my life easily, and now it takes a really long time, if I can do it at all... like washing my back and taking a dress on and off over my head.  Even fixing your hair or scratching your back you have to get help because your hand doesn't reach the place in question.  The most important is how well does your brain function... and that is the whole secret of good old age. Bridge is one of the things by which you can check how you are doing... can you concentrate long enough and play with people all over the world on the computer and once in a while in a local club as I do?
Where was I? Oh yes, about comfortable shoes.
That is truly important to stay happy and not have a miserable expression on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment